Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fab Finds

There's a store I love for finding unique treasures.
They specialize in architectural salvage pieces. 
Most of them are too big for a regular sized house but they also carry plenty of other unique items.
I gave my older daughter the camera while her sister and I looked for artwork for her new room.
The fashion designer loved this old dress form.
and this Navajo-style blanket.


Look at this huge stained glass window, I'd love to know where it came from.
Wouldn't you love these copper measuring cups in your kitchen?


Did I mention this store is in a cavernous old barn? 
Check out the cob webs, too high to dust...
This little bucket came home with us (minus the fruit)
Gorgeous green bottles

I've seen this sign in there before and I *really* want it.
Why, I have no idea. I just like it.
Miss Photographer in action.
This grouping of silver candle holders would add some sparkle to any room.
This crazy book shelf was pretty cool.
We ventured outside...
Need some dog statues for your entry?
Of course I was digging the concrete orbs.
I don't know what that is but it sure looked interesting.
Love all the black!
Lots of garden inspiration!
This might frighten the children away.
Still my favorite shot of the day!
This dude was pretty awesome.
So what did I come home with beside the little blue bucket?
 This silver beauty!!
I've wanted a silver wine cooler for so long.
 Love it!
It was $65, I hope that was a good deal?
 It looks great in the dining room right now.
 She didn't find any art work but the bucket adds some practical storage to her new room.
Have you found any treasures lately?
Linking up with:
Pin It

17 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

Great looking shop Heather. I love that sign too that you love. The day looked fun!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, what fabulous pictures!!! and I adore the garden ones--Happy Alphabet Thursday!!

XO

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

These are just wonderful!!
I think that I actually have a little copper pot somewhere, but never knew that it was a measuring pot!

I'd love to go wandering with you on these excursions. So much fun.

Thanks for stopping by to see my painting process!

I'm your new follower.

Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

I just love shops like these! And yes, those copper measuring cups would defintitely go great in my kitchen :)

Carolyn said...

I Love some hidden treasures!


Thanks for stopping by yesterday and linking up on the W/W Hop! I hope you had the chance to hop around and meet new bloggers! I also wanted to give you a chance to win in a new giveaway starting today! Come back by again and enter your name. =)
Have a great Thursday!
~Carolyn
Cookin’ for my Captain

Chelsea said...

What a cool shop! Due to my obsession with all things that are glass, I probably would've dragged home those two big green glass vases. Love them! I also love the new bucket you guys snatched - it goes perfect with her room! :)

~Chelsea

ImSoVintage said...

How fun. I love architectural Salvage shops. So many things to see.

Jean said...

There were some really cute finds. Love your pics and photographer.

Debbie Moore at Slice of Pie Entertaining and Cookbooks said...

Love the bucket ... great find. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Looks like a great place to shop. I'd love some of those garden pieces for our garden. ;-)

Marlis said...

nice photos!! Great photographer. You found some nice pieces for sure. I would have had to have it all! xo marlis

Snap said...

Looks like the two of you had a wonderful day. Such fun things you saw and I love the little bucket and your silver wine cooler! Well done! Great place! Have a great week!

Maggie said...

Visiting you from Seasonal Sundays today and stopped to wander around this great store with you.
What a fabulous place to spend an hour or two, I don't even mind the cobwebs!

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun day! What a great place to shop.

Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage said...

Great finds! I'd love to shop there! There is a similar shop in Richmond, VA called Federated Warehouse! You can stop my and see my post on it (in archives) or I my kitchen that was featured in the September Romantic Homes magazine!

Now Following!

~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

The Tablescaper said...

So many treasures. So hard to choose.

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Sorry I've been so delayed in visiting.

- The Tablescaper

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

That looks like a great place! Love the wine chiller you bought, pretty!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails