Friday, September 7, 2012

High School Scrapbook

I actually finished my daughter's high school scrapbook in time for her graduation party back in June so I guess it's time to do a post about it.
I found this Creative Memories album cover on ebay. I thought it would be perfect in its sentiment as well as in its color because blue was one of her school colors.

{Please forgive the glare on these photos.}
I started with the summer before her freshman year which was full of concerts, fairs and friends.
Each year got a section of the book and I created a title page for each one.  This was freshman year.
I filled the book up with photos of her activities, like cheerleading and
her first high school formal..
There were also lots of photos of vacations, friends and family too.
This is her sophomore year page and I popped in the Ring Day brochure that she had designed.
She also won the cover design contest for their mother/daughter tea that year.
Got her permit and license
and celebrated her Sweet 16.
Her junior year was a big one with her own ring day,
National Honor Society induction and art show,
not to mention, prom and college visits.
new friendships and that ended way too quickly...
I made a pocket to hold all of the memorabilia.  
All of the paper and stickers were from Creative Memories.
Then came the mother of all years..SENIOR! 
There was her last high school formal, Halloween fun and a memorable senior retreat.
Her eighteenth birthday and more activities like her last cheer party, prom,
last spirit day....
and many senior traditions.
The last month was such a blur, I'm glad I have photos to remember it all.
Because all of a sudden it was graduation!
I also kept her college acceptance letter, graduation program and congratulatory cards in another pocket that I made.  
I still have to add the graduation party photos and then this goose is cooked!
Her friends and family enjoyed looking through the book at her party and I hope she treasures it in the years to come.
Now back to catching up on my (now) 7th grader's school memory book.....

Linking up with:
Featured Here!



Pin It

18 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

What a cute idea to do! Nice gift filled with tons of memories! Love this! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Katie said...

This book is amazing! You covered all of her high school memories, she will definitely enjoy having this scrapbook for many years to come!

Also, her artwork is amazing! I love that Mother Daughter Tea cover! It is awesome!! She is very talented!

Jules said...

Scrapbooking is my passion....just started about 5 years ago so I am WAY behind. I loved seeing your daughters book...what an amazing gift and keepsakes for her (and you) to llok back on for years to come. You did a beautiful job!

Mel said...

Just fabulous! I absolutely must take the time to do something like this for my daughter. Now if only I keep myself disciplined :)

I have never heard of a ring day?

dee dee said...

Heather,
that album is amazing! love the way you organized all her events and memories year by year!
dee dee

Patricia Hinkel said...

Great book of memories. I am here from the Restless blog hop. Following you would you follow back.
Patricia from Topiary Rose

Morgan said...

This is so cool! I wish my parents had made one for me! She is going to love having that to look back on. What a sweet and thoughtful present. :)

Love Of Quilts said...

Wish I had the foresight to do this with all my pictures.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You did a lovely job on this album, Heather...such a special keepsake of so many milestones and memories! Thank you so much for stop by my acorns post!

Bliss said...

You get an A+. I however get a D-. I started one for the oldest and it has never been finished...... for 12 years!

~Bliss~

storybeader said...

so many special things happening. Great of you to put that together! Now she'll remember things, as she grows older! I can hear the "Thanks Mom" already! {:-Deb

ramsaygrace said...

New follower - hope to get a follow back!

Mary ~ said...

Love your post, thanks for sharing. I have one turning sweet 16 soon. I should probably start thinking about putting a scrapbook together for her. Pinned from the pinning party. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hi I'm Shannon! said...

What an absolute treasure :) It's lovely!!

AmieAnn said...

Oh my gosh.. I bet you can't look at this without a whole box of tissues.. this is beautiful.. what a wonderful way to savor all of those sweet memories.. I really need to start scrapbooking!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

The Thriftiness Miss said...

What a great mom! I bet she'll get so much pleasure out of this in the years to come :) New follower too.. Hope you can follow along as well.

Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders link party! Hope to see you back on Thursday Have a great day :)

The Thriftiness Miss said...

Hi there! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this today from the Weekend Wonders Link Party! Come grab a features button if you'd like to :)

You can find it here:
http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-wonders-link-party-6-features.html#.UE-xAI2PW_E

Have a great day!

Jami said...

What a priceless gift!!! Thank you for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails