Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas For Kids & Teens


Easter is almost here (it's on Sunday!) and Easter baskets are getting ready to be filled. Here are some non-candy ideas for the Easter Bunny.  Everything can be found at Target unless noted otherwise.
For Kids:
Spring is (usually) happening so some new outdoor activities are always welcome. 

Bubbles
Sidewalk chalk


A new jumprope or outside toy.  
(The Easter Bunny has been known to leave a hula hoop near the baskets).
Summer will be here soon so some new swimming related items would be fun like this stripe-y beach towel.
My kids seemed to go through goggles like crazy so they'd need a new pair every year. 
I love this fun polka dot style.


A new bathing suit.

Some fun sunnies.
Brightly colored flip flops look cute sticking out of the basket.


A new dvd, cd or book.

Easy to grow seed packets like Forget-Me-Nots.
When  my kids were really young they used to get Fruit Loop necklaces.  

For  Tweens, Teens & Older:
My kids aren't big sweet eaters so they appreciate some salty/savory snacks in their baskets.
Fancy almonds.

Fancy nut butters

 A nice big jar of raw almonds.


Other crunchy snacks

Some new hot tea.

Nail polish and/or make up

Hair ties

Gift cards are always welcome!
Of course, a little bit of sweet is a nice treat so they'd always get some candy too.
What's your favorite Easter basket treat?
Other Easter Posts I've Done:

Linking up with:

Pin It

7 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Great Ideas Heather. I remember the days of filling my 3 girls Easter baskets to the brim. Such wonderful memories! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jules said...

What great non candy ideas for Easter baskets! I am pretty partial to that natural peanut butter...I tried it for the first time last week and I love it!!!!

Tamar SB said...

What fun ideas! I hd to explain Easter eggs to Noam the other day "but why are they colored??"

Bliss said...

Fill up my basket with the chocolate dream stuff please, but leave out the swim suit.

Katie said...

This is so cool! I really like this list. Especially the savory treats. This year, I think there might be some Goldfish in our Easter basket ;)

I wonder if AJ is going to get me anything for Easter, since I put the basket together, so its not a surprise for me! I should sent him this post so he has some ideas. I really love all of the beachy-pool items here.

Becky said...

Great ideas! We always do bubbles and chalk, this time of year is great to replenish the stash!! I love the goggles idea too! I think the 14 pair in our pool bag all have something wrong with them!

Carla from The River said...

Great ideas. We are doing a DVD this year. :-) And healthy snacks.
Happy Easter my blog friend.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails